Tuesday, June 24, 2008

E-Mail

Hi Rachel!, I'm writting from France, i bought a Classe Mini yatch, because i want to compete in a transatlantic race. it is a strange experience, because when i have to repare something under the yatch, i sleep there, but i can sleep 20 minutes because the danger. I have to sail alone for 33 days, i'm in the day n°10, and i've learned a lot of things, because i'm alone and i have to do all the things alone, i have to be my own capitan, electrician, smailmaker, engineer, doctor, journalist, cameraman and cook.

Yesterday, i had a problem with my yatch, so i had to repaired alone, i had not problems because i have a manual here, but i like that because it was an a very good experience for my life. And days ago, i had another problem with the yatch, at night, it was terrible because i was in the dark and i can not see what was the problem, because i hadn't have the light by my side. so i decided to sleep 20 minutes, and then find the solution. at 4 of morning, i discovered that the problem was on the mast, because i had 100 kph winds blowing around me, so it took many hours to make the repairs, i was exhausted .

without this problems, or experiences, i'm very enchanted with the landskale, because i can see very strange things, and very beautiful things like animals, for example whales, and little islands. I have to be very concentrated, because i want to win.

In the Atlantic, for my luck, i haven't had any problem with the weather, but i think that in a few days i will have a problem with this, because the sky starts to turn gray, and i'm a little afraid, but this is not a problem for me, because i know that this is what i'm really want.

I feel very well, and strong, because if don't win, i'll be happy too, because i know that i made a big efford to leave here. so this competition, it's not only for win, it's for live new experiences too. i'm feeling very lucky now to be here.

well, i think it's time to do a revition in the yatch because the clouds start to scary me, and start to prepare the food for tonight. Hope that this letter make you happy, i will write you in a few days, while i can.
kisses,
Ellen.

1 comment:

Jimena Cas said...

Good work, please check some language mistakes and hand in before July 4th.